Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes SolidWorks experience and knowledge of GD&T tolerancing and ASME Y14.5 standards to design new products and develop proof of concept samples that meet product specifications.
- Skilled communicator who interacts with cross-functional team.
- Participates in sustaining/upgrading of existing designs to improve product function and manufacturability.
- Determines cost-effective methods of manufacturing by analyzing product specifications and performance requirements using DFMA Principles.
- Prepares or directs preparation of solid models, detailed drawings and schematics using Solidworks to develop and present concepts.
- Confers with Product Development team and attends regularly scheduled meetings to communicate, clarify and resolve issues during the design and development process and to ensure design specifications meet performance requirements.
- Contributes to Change Control Board meetings, design reviews and audits.
- Devises test procedures to validate product designs and determine if product design meets functional performance specifications.
- Works with outside vendors and fabricators to obtain quotes and produce product prototypes and pre-production short-runs.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Report any incidents of harassment to your Supervisor, Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to your Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervision or management.
- Three plus years of Product Design experience dealing with electro-mechanical products and proven knowledge of manufacturing processes and design trade-offs.
- Knowledge of material qualities and properties, manufacturing procedures and ASME, ANSI and ISO standards.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of successful and timely completion of projects.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and MS Office software.