Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Start machine and observe its operation to reposition work piece, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes.
- Set up and edit programs.
- Inspect or measure using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintains machine and perform advanced preventive and corrective maintenance on shop machines.
- Trouble-shoot CNC Machines.
- Runs more than one machine/production process at a time.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position tools, and regulate cutting depth, speed, feed or coolant flow
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable.
- Report any incidents of harassment to your Supervisor, Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to your Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervision or management.
- Five years’ experience operating CNC machines (Lathes, Mills, Mill Turn Centers)
- Must be able to determine programming, production methods and sequence of operations to produce parts according to blue prints and specifications.
- Advanced math skills (i.e. trigonometry and advanced algebra).
- Knowledge of Mastercam a plus.