Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start machine and observe its operation to reposition work piece, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes.
- Work with programmer or set up initial part on their own for production jobs.
- Inspect and measure using precision measuring instruments.
- Trouble-shoot CNC/Swiss machines and apply offsets when needed to maintain print specifications.
- Runs more than one machine/production process at a time.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position tools, and regulate cutting depth, feeds and speeds.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Report any incidents of harassment to your Supervisor, Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to your Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervision or management.
- Five plus years experience operating CNC/Swiss machines (multi axis CNC Lathes, Mills, and CNC Swiss machines.
- Must be able to determine programming, production methods and sequence of operations to produce parts according to blue prints and specifications.
- Advanced math skills (i.e. trigonometry and advanced algebra).
- Knowledge of ESPRIT and/or Mastercam software is a plus.