Best light I've ever owned and I'm a flashlight fanatic. It has very usable settings that allow you to go from ordinary flashlight to searchlight and the strobe is awesome. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of it. I have purchased weapon lights,flashlights,and even pens from Surefire. The quality of their products are second to none. It's the only name I look for.
Reviewed by Scott Preston (Posted on 3/20/14)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||1,000||lumens / 2.25 hours**|
|Low||30||lumens / 22.75 hours*|
|Batteries||1||Li-ion rech. or two 123A|
** Runtime (at highest setting for multiple-output
lights) until output drops below 50 lumens
NOTE: Runtimes shown measured when using li-ion rechargeable batteries
More Output — Was 800. Now 1,000 Lumens!
The UNR Commander is an ultra-high-output LED illumination tool with a six-position selector ring and the ability to run on either the included rechargeable lithium-ion battery or two 123A batteries using the included battery magazine. At maximum output, the UNR generates 1,000 lumens of brilliant white light focused by a precision TIR lens into a comparatively tight beam that still provides good peripheral illumination. The UNR’s selector ring has six settings—four levels of light from 30 to 1,000 lumens, a tactical strobe mode, and an OFF setting to prevent accidental activation during transport, storage, or stealth ops.
The UNR features a 4-Function tailcap switch that operates as follows: For momentary-on activation at any selector ring setting, including strobe mode, partially press the tailcap switch straight down. For constant-on activation at any setting, including strobe mode, push the tailcap switch sideways. For maximum light output at any setting except strobe mode, fully press the tailcap switch straight down for momentary-on or fully push it sideways for constant-on; this is our MaxBlast™ feature. MaxBlast does not function at the strobe setting – only the strobe will be activated at that setting.
The UNR Commander also features a 3-color LED indicator (“fuel-gauge”) that tells you the battery charge level.
Charging is easy: connect the charger to a 120V outlet, or into a 12-volt cigarette lighter/accessory socket when using the DC adapter, then plug the charging cord into the UNR’s charging socket—no removing the battery and no special charging cradle.
Constructed from tough aerospace aluminum and finished in Mil-Spec hard anodizing for extreme resistance to abrasion and corrosion, the UNR Commander is O-ring and gasket sealed to keep out dust and moisture.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter, microprocessor regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Four output levels—highest for maximum light, lowest for longest runtime
- Strobe for tactical applications
- Dual fuel—uses one lithium-ion rechargeable battery (included) or two 123A disposable batteries in included battery magazine
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- 4-function switch—select output mode, then lightly press down for momentary-on, or push slightly sideways for constant-on; for maximum output, press completely down for momentary-on, or push sideways completely for constant-on
- Battery level indicator (Fuel Gauge)
- O-ring and gasket sealed to keep out dust and moisture
- Includes one Li-ion rechargeable battery, wall (AC) charger with international adapters and car (DC) charger, and one anti-roll ring for bezel
Exposure to strobing lights may cause dizziness, disorientation, and nausea. A very small percentage of people suffer from photosensitive epilepsy—approximately .00025% of the population—and may experience seizures or blackouts triggered by strobing lights. Visit www.epilepsyfoundation.org for more information about this rare form of epilepsy. Anyone who has had symptoms linked to this condition should consult a doctor before using this product.