- Quality product
this is the third unit I have purchased this year. Excellent depth of field view at night. very good for sentry. Live in the country with open area.
Reviewed by TOM (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Almost the best tactical light ever made
Everything SureFire advertises about this torch is true, including, unfortunately, the fact about 1.7 hours of run-time. I pull this baby out at the beginning of a shift and everyone else has flashlight envy, including the perps. I'm particularly impressed by the very wide beam, and the uniformity of light (no shadows) across the entire beam. But that last 0.7 hours of run-time is well into the decay portion of the output curve; no way can it produce 800 lumens in that last 0.7 hours (my un-verified personal observation, only). And there's a rapid fall-off-to-darkness at the end of battery life that could be tactically suicidal. So just like with ammo management, battery management becomes a serious tactical consideration with this light. Have a back-up! (another SureFire light, of course). But Invictus is still the best lighting tool available when what you need is lots of light!
Reviewed by Boise Dave (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Great light
This is a truly great tactical light by SUREFIRE. As a retired police officer, I have seen them all. Too bad this model did not exist in my era.
Reviewed by Bob Touran (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Hurricane Sandy
In 2012 when Hurricane Sandy hit many of us were out of power for days. At night it was impossible to see anything. I came home one of those nights and If I didn't have my Surefire Invictus I would have never seen the two coyotes stalking me down my driveway. Not only did I see them but my Surefire scared them off and spared me a possible attack.
That was not the first time my Invictus has saved me and I am sure it will not be the last. Thank you for making in my opinion the best flashlight I have ever owned. You have a lifelong customer in me.
Reviewed by Chris Barry (Posted on 10/10/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||1,000||lumens / 1.5 hours*|
|Low||5||.0||lumens / 69.0 hours*|
More Output — Was 800. Now 1,000 Lumens!
The UB3T Invictus® is an ultra high-output LED illumination tool with selectable light levels, strobe and SOS modes, and an ergonomic CombatGrip body ideal for flashlight/handgun techniques and for a secure hold with wet, cold, or gloved hands. The Invictus puts out a tightly focused 800-lumen beam of brilliant white light that's suitable for spotlight/searchlight applications such as sweeping a mountainside in a search-and-rescue operation, locating a take-out spot for your boat in pitch darkness, or providing suspect-blinding illumination for a SWAT entry team.
The high-efficiency LED emitter, virtually immune to failure since there's no filament to burn out or break, provides a far longer runtime per set of batteries when compared to incandescent lights of similar lumen output.
The UB3T's selector ring has eleven settingseight levels of light, from 2 to 1,000 lumens; a strobe mode; an SOS beacon; and an OFF setting for extra protection against accidental activation during transport, storage, or stealth operations. Its tactically correct tailcap switch is instantly locatable and easy to operate with your thumb while gripping the light. Press the switch for momentary-on light at the selected output setting, press further, at any light output setting, and get all 1,000 lumensthis is our MaxBlast™ tailcap feature. Twist for constant-on light at selected output setting, twist further for max output..
The U3T's rugged body is machined from high-strength aerospace aluminum with a tough Mil-Spec hard anodized finish Finally, the UB3T also features a fuel gauge that tells you when you need a new set of batteries or need to select a lower light-output level.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Eight light-output levelshigh for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- Strobe for tactical applications
- SOS beacon for emergency or signaling
- Selector ring provides simple control of output level
- Large Turbohead TIR lens produces tight, extended-reach beam
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission
- CombatGrip for secure hold in all conditions
- Tactical Max-Blast™ tailcap switchpress for momentary-on at selected light-output setting, press further for maximum light output, twist for constant-on at selected setting, twist fully for maximum output
- Fuel gauge indicates battery charge level
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealed
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life