Fit and Finish Product Design Product Performance Durability Reliability SF Customer Service Overall Value
SOCOM Muzzle Brake
Attached to my Radical Firearms 300 Blackout, perfect fit an finish. With SOCOM762 attached, unit works flawlessly with both subsonic and supersonic ammo, I'm very impressed. Great product.
Reviewed by Bob (Posted on 5/10/15)
Socom Muzzle Brake
Have one on Both of my LWRC 7.62's and a SCAR. One word says it just fine. Excellent
Reviewed by JJ (Posted on 12/10/14)
Amazing Felt Recoil Reduction
I was looking for a brake to put on to my Savage Hog Hunter .308, because I think a threaded barrel deserves a muzzle device, and unfortunately my state does not allow suppressors. While I agree with everyone that the .308 cartridge has mild recoil, it has enough to pop you off target so you can't spot your own shots. This thing cuts recoil down so much that I was able to spot the impact of the bullet in my target the moment it happened, all while maintaining +/- a perceived 1.5 mil sight deviation in my scope reticle. My rifle weighs 15lbs, and muzzle flip would make it very difficult to see impact. Now that I have the Socom Brake, its no problem even at 100 yards.
Reviewed by Kappy (Posted on 2/11/14)
|Caliber||7.62 mm (.308 caliber)|
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-762-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS: Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm /.308 caliber sound suppressors
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppressor adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly.
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR308 rifles
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.