|Caliber||5.56 mm (.223 caliber)|
The SOCOM556-MG Fast-Attach® sound suppressor, designed expressly for use with 5.56 caliber machine guns, is a heavy-duty version of our already robust SOCOM series suppressors. It has the same advanced design features as our SOCOM556-RC suppressor, which was recently selected for the M4 and Mk18 carbines by US Special Operations Command after placing first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted, and which also received the USSOCOM official safety verification in support of fielding.
The SOCOM762-MG features advanced internal venting to reduce back pressure, reducing the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback on the operator. The new design also includes an integrated blast shield in the back section and an overbuilt blast baffle, significantly increasing durability. SureFire's patent-pending front-plate design, along with proprietary improvements in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminates first-round flash, a technological breakthrough in this area. It also attenuates noise and dust signatures to an unprecedented degree.
A new indexing system means this suppressor mounts to a current-model SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous versions, and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area.
Compact and lightweight, the SOCOM556-MG produces minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with the unsuppressed weapon regardless of the number of attach-detach cycles.
The SOCOM556-MG is constructed from advanced US mill-certified high-temperature alloys and heat-treated stainless steel, and features a tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond coating on the Fast-Attach® lock ring and Cerakote™ ceramic finish on the suppressor body, in either Black or Dark Earth color.
All SureFire SOCOM Series suppressors require a compatible, latest-model SureFire muzzle brake/adapter or flash hider/adapter for attachment to a firearm. See Parts and Accessories on this page.
SureFire sound suppressors for rifles and machine guns combine every important suppressor feature: excellent sound, flash, and dust signature reduction—key components of SureFire's Total Signature Reduction™ (TSR); minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of attach/detach cycles; rock-solid attachment in seconds; compact size; minimal weight; fail-safe baffles to prevent bullet side-exit; and extreme durability permitting full-time use. In fact, your SureFire suppressor should outlast your firearm barrel, depending on use.
All SureFire Fast-Attach® sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they reduce the weapon’s sound signature, concealing operator's position and protecting both the operator and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss, while enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash, concealing operator's position and preserving night vision and unobstructed view; reduce dust signature, concealing operator’s position and maintaining unobstructed view; and reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing for faster follow-up shots.
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brake/suppressor adapters, and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous generation SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Patented Fast-Attach® design provides rock-solid attachment and easy removal in seconds
- Same revolutionary suppressor technology as SureFire’s SOCOM556-RC, winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Provides effective attenuation of sound and dust signatures
- Minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon regardless of number of attach-detach cycles
- Compact and lightweight for minimum overall weapon length and minimum impact on handling characteristics
- Advanced core design to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas-flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Integrated blast shield increases durability
- Constructed of advanced US mill-certified high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Redundant-welded subcomponents eliminate parts loosening
- Tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond and Cerakote™ finish in Black or Dark Earth color
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.