|Noise Reduction Rating||24dB (with filter caps inserted)|
|Size||S, M, L|
|Radio Comm Compatible||Yes|
|Included Lanyards||Permanently Attached|
For detailed specifications, click here.
EP8 Sonic Defenders® Cobalt earplugs protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Constructed of a proprietary metal-infused polymer that’s detectable by industrial scanners, EP8s are bright blue in color and feature permanently attached lanyards, making them ideal for use in food and pharmaceutical processing and similar industries. Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft, adjustable double-flanged stems provide secure seals in the ear canals.
EP8's feature integral noise-reducing filters that lower potentially harmful loud noises while allowing safe, lower-level sounds, such as conversations, to pass through and be heard.
EP8s also feature attached filter caps, which can be inserted into the noise-reducing filters for additional protection, blocking out lower-level noise when hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn’t critical. With the filter caps in place, EP8's provide a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB.
Right/Left color-coded EP8 Sonic Defenders Cobalt are made from a soft but durable hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and an extended product life of up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care. Their low-profile design means EP8s can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask or while using a phone or headset. Available in blue only.
EP8s are available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L), with mediums fitting most people. For best fit, click on the small Sizing Chart image at left. EP8 Sonic Defenders Cobalt are sold as a single left/right set or in a box containing 25 sets. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a permanently attached polymer lanyard.
For maximum sound reduction in our scanner-detectable Cobalt models, see our EP9 Sonic Defenders Cobalt Max hearing protection.
- 24dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lower potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB while allowing safe sound levels to be heard
- Metal-infused-polymer construction for detection by industrial scanners; bright blue in color for easy visual detection
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Soft, adjustable double-flanged stems provide secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, comfortable, and durable
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask or helmet or while using a phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Permanently attached 26” polymer lanyard included