Purchased items and went acording to size chart. Upon receiving I immediately installed and they would not stay in my ear. Tried second and same results. Attempted to alter and still no luck. Very disappointed in there
Reviewed by LEO (Posted on 6/24/14)
The extension takes getting used to, but it does improve the ability to hear your radio in high noise environments.
Reviewed by Marcos K Guerrero (Posted on 1/3/14)
I purchased these as a replacement to the earpiece that came with my listen only earpiece. I was already used to wearing an earpiece but tired of having the original earpiece tear. It took a little to get used to with the edges sometimes digging into the inside of the ear. However I recommend this to any officer that has a earpiece. It stays in your ear and doesn't block ambient sound. Very handy for being able to hear the radio when on the freeway or when the helicopter is overhead.
Reviewed by B Garlock (Posted on 10/18/13)
These earpieces are fantastic! Fit well to your ear and you can really hardly tell they are there. They don't pull out and remain in place well. For a tactical earpiece, these are great and complete necessity.
Great Job, Surefire!
Reviewed by G.W. Gill/Sergeant Lane County Sheriff's Office (Posted on 10/17/13)
I'm sure everybody's ear is shaped differently but I thought this was a horrible fit. I used these for about 6 months and was continuously trimming them and finally just threw them in the trash. The 1st Gen Surefire Earpiece (EP1) is 100 times better than the EP2.
Reviewed by Bryce Agnew (Posted on 10/16/13)
The EP2 differs from the EP1 in that its adjustable stem extends further into the ear canal, offering a boost effect to received audio transmissions. And its single flange helps hold the stem in place without closing off the ear canal. This unique design permits a wearer to still hear outside sounds and communications, while the adjustable stem allows for crystal-clear hearing of incoming radio communications with lower radio volumes, which can help prevent hearing loss over the long term.
For best fit, click on the small Sizing Chart image at left.
Sold in packages of two left ear or two right ear units, or a box of 25 left or 25 right earpieces. Each individual earpiece is packaged in a convenient carry case.
- Permit discrete and covert monitoring of radio communications
- Open design does not block ear canal, permits virtually normal hearing of ambient sounds and conversation
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Made from soft hypo-allergenic medical-grade polymer
- Sound stem extends slightly farther into ear canal compared to other open earpieces, producing a "boost" effect by delivering sound more efficiently
- Enables clear hearing with lower radio volume setting reducing possibility of gradual hearing loss
- Adjustable sound stem depth allows fine-tuning for increased comfort
- Flange centers tube in ear canal for efficient sound transmission and improved earpiece retention
- Available in clear and black (BK)