SureFire LLC has received numerous complaints from customers who have purchased counterfeit SureFire products on eBay, Craigslist, auction sites, and other e-commerce websites. SureFire LLC takes counterfeiting seriously and works closely with law enforcement to find, arrest, and prosecute counterfeiters. SureFire appreciates your assistance in the fight against counterfeiting of its products that so many military, law enforcement, first responder, and rescue personnel depend on daily.
RISKS IN USING COUNTERFEIT ILLUMINATION TOOLS
SureFire illumination tool counterfeits replicate SureFire products on the outside, which may include SureFire branding and registered trademark. However
• Counterfeit illumination tools DO NOT offer any dependable, reliable or advantageous performance for any military, law enforcement or competitive applications
• Counterfeit illumination tools MAY NOT withstand firearm recoil or shock when used as weapon-mounted lights, nor maintain zero (X400 laser)
• Counterfeit illumination tools used as weapon-mounted lights MAY CAUSE unintentional light activation during firearm discharge
• Counterfeit illumination tools ARE NOT covered by the SureFire No-Hassle Promise.
RISKS IN USING COUNTERFEIT BATTERIES
SureFire-brand batteries, and those rechargeable batteries sold directly by SureFire, are manufactured to strict quality standards specifically for use in high-performance, high-drain devices. SureFire battery counterfeits replicate SureFire products on the outside, including SureFire branding and registered trademark. However
• Counterfeit batteries MAY develop internal shorts, leading to fires and/or explosions, resulting in damage to illumination tool, property, or persons
• Counterfeit batteries DO NOT offer any dependable, reliable or advantageous performance for any military, law enforcement or competitive applications
• Counterfeit batteries MAY NOT have built-in fault and heat protection and may constitute a safety hazard
• Counterfeit batteries MAY NOT withstand firearm recoil or shock when used in weapon-mounted lights
• Counterfeit batteries MAY CAUSE unintentional light activation during firearm discharge when used in weapon-mounted lights
• Counterfeit batteries ARE NOT covered by the SureFire No-Hassle Promise.
ACCEPTABLE NON-SUREFIRE BATTERY BRANDS
You may also use batteries from well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell® to ensure safe performance. These brands are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
WEBSITES WHERE COUNTERFEITS HAVE BEEN FOUND
eBay.com -- Unauthorized sellers
craigslist.org -- Unauthorized sellers
AUTHORIZED SUREFIRE DEALERS
To find the nearest authorized SureFire dealer, click here.
To report a counterfeit SureFire product, click here.