Take apart aspect
As a comment to the above review, almost no, if any, centerfire supressors are user serviceable.
1. There is no need to take them apart - rifle cans get so hot they cook off most carbon and gunk, like a self cleaning over.
2. Rifle cans need to withstand such high pressures that if you had threads and such like a pistol can, there would always be the risk of them comming apart while firing.
Reviewed by IK (Posted on 11/26/14)
I was a little hesitant to buy this suppressor with cheaper options available. That being said. I'm glad I bought this one. It is a great can. I wish it was one I could take apart to clean. That is the only real flaw. I've use on colt m4 5.56, my Sig 556R 7.62x39, and my Rem 700 308. And gotta tell ya I'm a fan of surefire for sure. These things are built like a tank. So buy once, cry once. You won't be disappointed.
Reviewed by Louis (Posted on 6/24/14)
|Caliber||7.62 mm (.308 caliber)|
|Thread Size / Color||No|
The SOCOM762-RC features advanced gas-flow dynamics that reduce back pressure, thereby reducing the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback on the operator when used on auto-cycling guns. SureFire’s patent-pending front-plate design, along with the proprietary improvement in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminates first-round flash, a true technological breakthrough in this area. It attenuates noise and dust signatures to an unprecedented degree.
A new indexing system means this suppressor mounts to a SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous models, and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area.
Like all SureFire Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM762-RC produces minimal, consistent shift in point of impact compared with the unsuppressed weapon regardless of the number of attach-detach cycles.
The SOCOM762-RC is constructed from advanced US mill-certified high-temperature alloys and heat-treated stainless steel, and features a tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond coating on the Fast-Attach® lock ring and Cerakote™ ceramic finish on the suppressor body, in either Black or Dark Earth color.
All SureFire SOCOM Series suppressors require a compatible, latest-model SureFire muzzle brake/adapter or flash hider/adapter for attachment to a firearm—see Parts and Accessories on this page.
SureFire sound suppressors for rifles and machine guns combine every important suppressor feature: excellent sound, flash, and dust signature reduction—key components of SureFire's Total Signature Reduction™ (TSR); minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of attach/detach cycles; rock-solid attachment in seconds; compact size; minimal weight; fail-safe baffles to prevent bullet side-exit; and extreme durability permitting full-time use. In fact, your SureFire suppressor should outlast your firearm barrel, depending on use.
All SureFire Fast-Attach® sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they reduce the weapon’s sound signature, concealing operator's position and protecting both the operator and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss, while enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash, concealing operator's position and preserving night vision and unobstructed view; reduce dust signature, concealing operator’s position and maintaining unobstructed view; and reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing for faster follow-up shots.
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brake/suppressor adapters, and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous generation SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Patented Fast-Attach® design provides rock-solid attachment and easy removal in seconds
- Designed for all 7.62 rifles specifically including those chambered for high-pressure magnum cartridges
- New design provides superior sound attenuation, virtual elimination of first-round muzzle flash, and decreased dust signature
- Minimal and consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon regardless of number of attach/detach cycles
- Compact and lightweight for minimal impact on weapon handling characteristics
- Advanced core design reduces back pressure, suppressed cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Constructed from advanced high-temperature US mill-certified alloys and stainless steel
- Redundant-welded subcomponents eliminate parts loosening
- Tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond and Cerakote™ finish in Black or Dark Earth color
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.