The new compact and lightweight SureFire SOCOM556-SB2 Fast-Attach®
suppressor is designed specifically for 5.56 rifles with barrels shorter than 10 inches, or longer barrels firing unstable ammunition (e.g. most unjacketed frangible and “green” ammunition). It is a modified version of the SOCOM556RC, the most advanced 5.56 rifle suppressor ever made, which was selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history, which covered all aspects of suppressor performance. Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel, the SOCOM556-SB2 features a larger bore to minimize the probability of baffle strikes due to unstable projectiles, a common issue with ultra-short-barreled weapons and some types of unjacketed frangible and “green” ammunition. Advanced internal venting reduces back pressure, thereby reducing the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback on the operator. The new design also includes an integrated blast shield in the back section and computer controlled welding that increases durability. The patent-pending front-plate design, along with proprietary improvement in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminates first-round flash, a true technological breakthrough in this area. It also attenuates noise and dust signatures to an unprecedented degree. A new indexing system means this suppressor mounts securely to a SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous models and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area. Like all SureFire Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM556-SB2 produces minimal, consistent shift in point of impact compared with an unsuppressed weapon.
- Same revolutionary suppressor technology as SureFire’s SOCOM556-RC, winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Designed for use with 5.56 caliber rifles with barrels shorter than 10” or firing unstable “green” ammunition
- Larger suppressor bore to minimize probability of baffle strikes due to unstable projectiles or “green” ammunition, a common issue with extremely short barrels
- Advanced internal venting to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Integrated blast shield increases durability
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas-flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Effective attenuation of noise and dust signatures
- Patented Fast-Attach® design attaches and removes in seconds
- Minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon
- Lightweight and compact for minimal impact on weapon handling characteristics
- Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Long service life
- Made in the USA
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
SureFire is Designed and Built in the USA
⚠ California Proposition 65 WARNING: Click Here.