- excellent prod
excellent headlamp, like all Surefire products rugged construction, great coverage, light weight, the best.
Reviewed by Tom Gerow (Posted on 10/17/13)
- Great light
I purchased this as a gift to be used for night skinning & skiing, backpacking and climbing. The beam is bright but adjustable which is essential for when the weather varies from foggy to clear. Very durable and easy to use, too. A great gift for you or someone else!
Reviewed by Kelli (Posted on 10/16/13)
- Great product
Great little light with big power. Works well in all conditions and puts out more than enough light. I will plan on purchasing Surefire again for future needs.
Reviewed by Dallas (Posted on 10/16/13)
- Cow Boy Poet.
First class. Excellent product. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Reviewed by DiamondRon (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Minimus Headlamp
This headlamp - although expensive - is tough as it gets. Quality contruction and performance. Fits well and I can wear it a long time without the strap getting stuck to my forehead. The only two things that could be considered is being able to focus the beam a little as it is a wide angle light ... and it does burn through batteries fast - even the SureFire batteries which last twice as long as any I buy in the store.
Reviewed by Dave F (Posted on 10/11/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||100||.0||lumens / 1.5 hours*|
|Low||1||.0||lumens / 50.0 hours|
The Minimus™ headlamp features a high-efficiency LED that provides a brilliant white light, adjustable in output from zero to 100 lumens via the knurled no-slip right-hand output control knob. The proprietary refractive optic produces a wide beam optimized for your natural field of view, and an included red filter gives you the option of low-signature light that also preserves dark-adapted vision. A valuable safety feature: a setting for a long-running SOS beacon. The Minimus runs on a single 123A battery contained within the tilt-control knob, and the battery access cap has a short leash to prevent dropping or loss. The fine-weave headband is strong but comfortable, and features a moisture-wicking Breathe-O-Prene™ forehead pad. Built from tough polymer and hard-anodized aerospace aluminum, the Minimus is lightweight, yet like its siblings the Minimus™ Vision, the Minimus™ Tactical, and the Minimus™ AA, it's tough enough for the rigors of combat, caving, and mountaineering, and is submersible to 3 feet for up to thirty minutes.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Variable light-output dial controls levels from 0 to 100 lumens
- Proprietary refractive optic produces a smooth, wide beam optimized for your field of vision
- Built-in SOS beacon can run for days on end
- Light housing can be rotated up or down 90 degrees
- Red filter (included) for low light signature and/or preserving dark-adapted vision
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Submersible to 3 feet for thirty minutes
- Headband provides comfort, durability, and a secure fit with or without a helmet
- Compact integral compartment holds one 123A lithium battery
- Includes high-energy 123A battery with 10-year shelf life