I purchased this light when Surefire offered a 50% discount on it. It's a great buy! There are a couple of things I would like to comment about: 1) The light with the quick detach lever is only sold in tan. I would have liked to purchase this in black. 2) I was surprised how tight the quick detach lever fits to the rail. I almost felt that it was a little too tight. This is not a bad thing, surely. 3) I was happy to find that I could change the orientation of the flashlight on the bracket as it mounts to the quick detach with two screws. 4) I wish Surefire would give the option of upgrading the tape switches that come with their products to a higher cost switch. I prefer the one that directly mounts to the rail, but I have to buy it separately rather than pay a few dollars more and get my product with the switch I want. Now I have an extra switch that I don't need. 5) I purchased the FM47 cover for this light. It fits well, but not as well as the one I purchased for my Fury light. It's not that the circumferance is off, it's that this light switches from white to IR and I feel that if I slide the cover all the way on to seat against the flashlight head, it will render the mechanism to switch from IR to white ineffective. A shallower cap needs to be offered for this particular flashlight. These are just observations. I still think the light is awesome. It looks great. It works great. And everyone who sees it on my rifle wishes they had one. I have a Surefire light issued from work, and I personally own three others and am looking to buy more. Yes, they are not cheap, but they are worth every penny, and the customer service is exceptional. Thanks, Surefire!
Reviewed by JMA (Posted on 3/1/14)
Nice but expensive compared to other lights on the market.
Nice light, however cord tore after two days of use. Switch seems cheap, and velcro that comes with light is sub par. Light is excellent, and IR is easily switched to white, however not worth the price tag. Starting to question SF.
Reviewed by SK (Posted on 1/5/14)
|Max Output -- White Light||350||lumens|
|Output / Runtime -- IR||120||.0||mW|
lights) until output drops below 50 lumens.
[NSN--black body color: 6240-01-585-1086]
FITS: Rifles, carbines, or submachine guns with a forend-mounted Picatinny rail.
- Virtually indestructible white/IR LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Tactical-level output with TIR lens for close- to medium-range applications
- SwitchesMomentary-on tape (7" cable), momentary/constant-on pushbutton
- Mounting systemIntegral Swing-Lever™ clamp for Picatinny rails
- ConstructionHigh-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; impact-resistant polymer; coated tempered window
- WeatherproofO-ring and gasket sealed
- Available in Black body color (Desert Tan no longer available)
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life