I was hesitant to spend 900 dollars on a weapon light but I have looked around and this matches everything I want in a weapon light. It keeps your rifle streamlined since you don't have to put a light on the side and a fore-grip underneath. The pressure plates work great, I have had problems with others in the past. Bright and clean light with good beam focus. Navigation lights work well too. The mounting mechanism was different but I have not had any problems, it seems secure enough. I like the on/off toggle switch in case you are storing you're firearm. I would recommend this to someone searching for a weapon light. It's pricy but I think it will last for the life of the rifle.
Reviewed by MW (Posted on 3/27/14)
The function of the light works well, however for the money, the finish is poor and has already sluffed off after a couple days of use, and the little sticky black covers for the switch that they give you so that you don't accidentally hit it are cheap. Probably going to give it to my son, and would not use for work.
Reviewed by SK (Posted on 1/5/14)
|Max Output -- White Light||500||lumens|
The SureFire M900L Vertical Foregrip WeaponLight delivers the tactical advantages of increased weapon control plus 500 lumens of ultra-reliable LED illumination. The light output is focused by a TIR lens into an intense, comparatively tight beam capable of illuminating mid-range targets and beyond, along with providing significant surround light for peripheral vision. The M900L also features two low-output LED navigation lights. Three switches control the primary beam: two momentary-on pressure pads on the vertical grip itself (one on each side for ambidextrous operation), and a constant-on rotary switch at the rear of the light housing. The navigation lights are activated by a momentary-on pressure pad thumb switch. A rotary system-disable switch at the bottom of the grip turns all lights off to prevent accidental activation during covert operations, transport, or storage. The M900L clamps solidly to any long gun equipped with a Picatinny rail via its integral Swing-Lever™ clamp, which self-adjusts to off-spec rails and locks securely to prevent loosening from vibration or recoil. Made from extremely tough Nitrolon® polymer and CNC-machined aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec hard anodizing, and sealed with O-rings and gaskets to keep out the elements, the M900L is tough enough for the demands of combat. Available in Black (BK) or Desert Tan (TN) body color.
Fits: Rifles or submachine guns with a Picatinny rail on the underside of the forend. (See our Picatinny Rail Forends to equip your weapon with multiple integral forend rails.)
- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize light output and runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Two secondary white LED navigation lights offer low-light-signature output
- Switches—Primary beam: two momentary-on grip pressure pads, constant-on rotary switch, and system-disable rotary switch. Navigation lights: momentary-on thumb pressure pad
- Mounting system—Integral Swing-Lever clamp for Picatinny rails
- Construction—High-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; impact-resistant polymer; coated, tempered window
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life