I have been waiting for this conversion for a long time and though it is pricy, I'm very happy with the two I have recently converted. As stated in other reviews this conversion was very simple to install and it works like a charm.
The output is very bright which makes for a great defense light as well as a hunting light. I have not taken it to the field as yet but around the ranch it really impressive. Can't beat SureFire, in my opinion, they are easy to deal with if something breaks even if it is not a productive.
Reviewed by ET (Posted on 2/27/15)
This is a nice conversion and extremely easy to install, requiring a mere screw in and go mentality. However, be on the lookout for erroneous manufacture of this product. By this I mean that when you run filamented light bulbs, the polarity of the batteries does not matter. Therefore the batteries can be place either negative up or positive up and the light will work. However, LEDs are polarity sensitive. My fore-grip light came with two small entry illumination LEDs. That means that my polarity must be correct with negative up polarity with my 3 CR123 batteries. The good folks at Surefire made a mistake in manufacture as the polarity of my KX9 was reverse of my entry LEDs. I have an electronic background so I took the unit apart and soldered the wires to the entry LEDs reversing their polarity so they would work with the KX9. Surefire would have warranted this problem but I did not want to send it in and wait. Most people should check this immediately and send the entire unit into Surefire if you find that you must reverse the batteries to get the KX9 working as you will lose your entry lights.On the positive side, I was running the brightest xenon bulb that was available and the KX9 is so many times brighter that I decided to put it on my .308 as it will give you long range lighting. I wish they made an infra-red lens cover for this but not yet as this light would really light up all generations of night vision. All in all, nice bright light once I got past the OOPS from Surefire.
Reviewed by Al Lakosky (Posted on 1/7/15)
|Max Output -- White Light||800||.0||lumens|
• M3, M3T, M6, M3LT, M6LT
• M96x/M97x/M98x Millennium Universal WeaponLights
• M5xxA/M5xxAB/M5xxB/M500LT/M500V Dedicated Forend WeaponLights
• M900A/M900AB/M910A/M910AB/M900LT/M900V Vertical Foregrip WeaponLights
• 9-volt Shotgun Dedicated Forends with LM90 Housing (1.62" bezel diameter)
• M1xx 9-volt Millennium Series Pistol Lights*
*Will not fit factory pistol holster with KX9 attached because of added length.
- Virtually indestructible LED generates 800 lumens of blinding white light; produces tactical-level lighting for 1.5 hours
- Fits 3- and 6-battery 9-volt incandescent and LED flashlights and WeaponLights (see models listed above)
- TIR lens creates smooth, single-output versatile beam with plenty of reach and surrounding light to accommodate peripheral vision
- Construction—high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec hard anodizing; coated, tempered window
- O-ring sealed for weatherproofing
- Available in three colors: Black, Desert Tan, and Olive Drab Green