Purchased the KX4D to replace a P60 XC2 bulb. Much brighter light and greater battery life now. Only issue is I have to unscrew the battery cap 1.5 turns to prevent the light from automatically coming on and then crew it in when I want to use the flashlight.
Reviewed by George (Posted on 10/20/13)
- Illumination vs battery life
Battery life using this accessory is longer; however, the brightness level of the light emitted seems less than adequate for many emergency situations.
Reviewed by JC in TN (Posted on 10/16/13)
- LED Conversion Head with Crenellated Strike Bezel
This LED Conversion Head with Crenellated Strike Bezel is sort of expensive when compared to the cost of the unit it fit on. However, once you see what the light out put is you won't care about the price. AS it is just that amazing.
Reviewed by Van Philips (Posted on 10/16/13)
- marine electrician
LED conversion kit made me fall in love all over again with my original D3 Defender. great output, runs cooler and longer.
Reviewed by James A (Posted on 10/16/13)
- Perfect fit
I bought the KX4D to upgrade from a previous version. The fit was excelent and the cuality is exceptional. The light beam is not as directional as I was hoping for but in low light conditions it gets the job done. No complaints
Reviewed by Mike T (Posted on 10/12/13)
|Max Output -- White Light||120||.0||lumens|
The KX4D LED conversion head changes the maximum output of compatible 2-and 3-battery SureFire flashlights to 120 lumens and enhances their self-defense capability with a crenellated Strike Bezel®. Upgrades SureFire incandescent flashlights equipped with P60, P61, P90, or P91 lamps by replacing their incandescent emitters with a high-efficiency LED emitter that has no filament to burn out or break. The KX4D is machined from aerospace aluminum and has a black Type II anodized finish. A precision micro-textured reflector combined creates a smooth, flawless beam. To convert, simply remove the original flashlight head and screw on the KX4D.
Fits: All 2-battery or 3-battery SureFire flashlights (aluminum or Nitrolon polymer body) that use P60, P61, P90, P91, or P60L lamp assemblies.
- Max Output: 120 lumens; Tactical Runtime: 2-3.3 hours, depending on flashlight model
- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Crenellated Strike Bezel® provides enhanced self-defense capability
- High-strength aluminum construction; weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Type II black-anodized finish for extreme durability
- Backed by SureFire's No-Hassle Guarantee