Very nice feature: two light intensities. Easy fix for a burned-out standard bulb.
Reviewed by Gary Trussell (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Excellent light
Updated older body with this light. Have had another for two years that has great light and is very easy on batteries.
Reviewed by Linn W Moedinger (Posted on 10/14/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||60||.0||lumens / 6.0 hours|
|Low||3||.0||lumens / 100.0 hours|
The KX2 dual-output LED head converts single-output incandescent or LED flashlights, such as the L4 Lumamax and all 2-battery Executive series (E-model) flashlights, into long-runtime dual-output LED flashlights. The Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens produces a tight beam with plenty of reach but enough surround beam to accommodate peripheral vision. The KX2's maximum output is 60 lumens, and its low setting output is 3 lumens, at which it will produce useful light (down to 1 lumen) for 100 hours. Constructed of hard-anodized aerospace-grade aluminum, the rugged KX2 is O-ring sealed to keep out moisture, dust, and dirt. Installs in seconds—simply remove the existing incandescent or LED head and screw on the KX2 head. Available in Black or Olive Drab Green.
Fits: L4, all two-battery E-series flashlights
- Max Output: High - 60 lumens, Low - 3 lumens; Runtime: 100 hours
- Solid-state LED has no filament to burn out or break; lasts thousands of hours
- TIR lens creates tight central beam with enough surround beam to accommodate peripheral vision
- Digital regulation ensures consistent light output; doesn't drop off like an unregulated LED
- Construction: hard-anodized aerospace-grade aluminum, tempered Pyrex® window, O-ring sealed and gasketed for weatherproofing