- Excellent Product!
I had my eye on this flashlight for awhile and was debating on spending the $. I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. NO REGRETS! This flashlight is very lightweight and very powerful! Not much more I can ask for!
Reviewed by Larry (Posted on 12/22/13)
- Kroma® MilSpec for a young Marine
I bought this flashlight for my boy. He deploys to Afghanistan in January and I thought it would make a great X-mas gift. As with all my Surefire purchases, it was quite awesome. My friends were quite impressed as well. Anyway, I hope it serves him as well as my Surefire Titan that I carry with me always.
Reviewed by Richard McHenry (Posted on 12/21/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||130||.0||lumens / 1.5 hours*|
|Low||4||.0||lumens / 20.0 hours|
The Kroma® MilSpec is a dual-output flashlight that also provides two distinct beam types and four spectrum choices. Uses a virtually indestructible power-regulated primary LED and a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens to produce a 4-lumen white low beam or a brilliant 130-lumen white spot beam—more than eight times the light output of a big two-D-cell flashlight, and enough to temporarily blind and disorient an aggressor by impairing his night-adapted vision. Secondary LEDs produce low-output flood beams in red, blue, yellow-green and infrared, letting you preserve your own night vision (red, blue, and yellow-green), navigate outdoors without disturbing wildlife (red, which many animals can't see), or provide invisible illumination for night vision devices (infrared). The no-look selector ring lets you instantly choose color or IR output. The Kroma's tactically-correct two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch activates the light: press for momentary-on in your selected color mode, press further and always get the high-output white spot beam; twist to get constant-on low beam in your selected color/IR mode, twist further to select the constant-on high-output white spot beam.
Output of Secondary LEDs:
Red ------------------ 1.3 lumens
Blue ----------------- 0.78 lumens
Yellow-Green ----- 0.21 lumens
Infrared ------------- 8.4 mW
- Virtually indestructible LED emitters regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Primary LED generates brilliant white spot beam, secondary LEDs produce color and infrared beams
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated, tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Selector ring provides no-look control of output color/output level
- Two-stage tactical tailcap switchpress for momentary-on low, press further for high, twist for constant-on at either level
- Heavy-duty stainless steel clip provides multiple carry options
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.