|Output -- White Light|
Like the original HellFighter, the HellFighter 4 (HF4) uses a rugged high intensity discharge (HID) lamp that is virtually immune to failure from recoil, vibration, or impact, since it has no filament to break or burn out. However, the HF4 features some improvements, the most significant being an integral rechargeable backup battery that can run the HellFighter 4 for 30 minutes at full output using no external power source. The integral battery not only provides a backup in case of external power failure, but also makes the HF4 more compact and convenient when used as a handheld spotlight/searchlight. This means there are now three power source options—vehicle electrical outlets, military batteries, and the integral rechargeable backup battery.
Adding to overall compactness and convenience, whether attached to a weapon or used as a handheld light, the carry handle is no longer a separate piece; instead the rail mount serves as the carry handle. The rail clamp has been modified so that it now includes both the original heavy-duty T-rail clamp and an intermediary clamp that permits attachment to Picatinny rails.
Another change is dual-output and strobe capability. When the HellFighter 4 is attached to the UH-01E power cable, which features a new grip switch for the M2HB machine gun, the operator can select either high output (3,000 lumens), low output (1,000 lumens), or strobe mode at approximately nine flashes per second (9 Hz). The UH-01E power cable is backward-compatible with the original HF1 HellFighter, though it will not provide high/low output or strobe capabilities to that device. The HF4A can also be activated by the integral rear-located pushbutton click-on/off switch, which also serves as a backup switch should the cable switch assembly be damaged or otherwise fail.
Built to withstand intense recoil and combat conditions, the HellFighter 4 has a weatherproof sealed body constructed from high-strength aerospace aluminum finished in Mil-Spec Type III hard anodizing. The lamp assembly is protected by a 5mm multi-coated tempered window, and the window itself is protected from dust, mud, and heavy particle impact by the new dual swing-open filter/cover system that allows the operator to quickly choose unfiltered white light, filtered infrared illumination (730–4600 nm range) for use with night vision devices, or to cover the front of the HF4 completely to protect the filter and window from dust, mud, or loose debris, or prevent the accidental escape of light.
The HF4’s reflector has also been modified to provide even better beam reach, enabling target illumination out to hundreds of yards, and providing a wider cone of peripheral light for situational awareness and enhanced patrol or search efficacy. Finally, all HellFighter power cables now feature a high-strength polymer sheathing that makes them thinner, lighter, and more flexible, yet even more durable. The HellFighter 4 is available with a variety of mounts that allow you to attach it to:
- M2HB .50 caliber machine gun, with or without ballistic shield
- M134 or similar Minigun
- M240-variant machine guns
- M249 machine gun
- Mk19 grenade launcher
- AAV7A1 “AmTrack" light mounting stud
Additionally, the HF4A can be attached to virtually any vehicle or vessel with a suitable flat surface via the M99A or M99B or M99C T-Rails, or via the M100 plate and stud mount combined with the M96 universal swivel/tilt mount (see Parts and Accessories). All mounts incorporate a T-rail system that allows you to quickly attach and detach the HellFighter from the mount. All mounting systems are sold separately. The HellFighter can also be configured for used as a handheld searchlight, powered either by a battery pack or by using the internal rechargeable back up battery pack.
- HF4A HellFighter 4 with IR Filter
- HF4B HellFighter 4 with Amber Filter
- 3,000-lumen HID lamp virtually immune to failure from impact, recoil, or vibration
- Integral rechargeable back up battery provides 30 minutes of runtime at high output
- Selectable high, low, and strobe output
- Modified reflector provides better reach and wider peripheral beam
- Swing-open filter/cover allows quick configuration: unfiltered white light, filtered infrared illumination, or protective light-blocking cover
- Integral momentary/constant-on pushbutton switch, available remote switches
- Powered by BA-5590, BA-5390, BA-2590 military battery or batteries, 12V auto battery, 12V or converted 24VDC-to-12VDC vehicle power supply
- Carry handle integrated into rail mount improves overall compactness
- Constructed from high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; stainless steel, multi-coated, tempered window
- Extremely durable, lightweight power cables
- Mounts to quick-detach T-rails or Picatinny rails via included adapter
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.