- X400 - Green Laser
Surefire outdid itself with this one. Best green-laser weapon light hands-down. Light is very bright with a nice hot spot, but also has fantastic spill.
The green laser is what sets itself apart from others. There are two versions of this light. One has a 505nm green laser and another version has 515nm. The 505nm has an almost teal colored laser and the 515nm is slightly more green. Surefire confirmed there are two versions of this weapon light. I bought two and one is 505nm and the other 515nm. I'm very pleased with it.
Pratt Defense LLC
Reviewed by Pratt Defense (Posted on 4/29/14)
|Max Output -- White Light||500||.0||lumens|
|Max Output -- Laser||5||.0||mW|
Shipping in July. Place your order now!
The SureFire X400 Ultra WeaponLight integrates stunningly powerful white-light illumination and bright green laser aiming capabilities in one compact rail-mountable package, an extremely effective combination for close- to medium-range engagements in law enforcement, military, and self-defense applications.
A high-performance LED generates 500 lumens of brilliant white light that is focused by a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens to produce a tight beam with extended reach and significant surround light for peripheral vision. The X400 Ultra produces tactical-level light—enough to overwhelm an aggressor's dark-adapted vision—for 1.5 hours per set of batteries.
The X400 Ultra’s 5-milliwatt laser sight, located below the primary light, emits a high-visibility green (505 nM) beam. The laser's aiming adjustment mechanism uses Nylok® screws that won't back out from the effects of recoil, which means it rarely needs to be re-zeroed.
Activating the X400 Ultra is done via ambidextrous switching located at the rear of body, providing one-finger control — press the switch on either side for momentary-on activation, flip up or down for constant-on activation. A separate switch at the rear of the X400 Ultra allows you to (1) activate white light illumination only, (2) activate white light illumination simultaneously with the laser sight, (3) activate the laser sight only, or (4) disable the entire X400 Ultra. See illustration at upper left.
Optional DG grip switches (for pistols) and a pressure activated XT07 tape switch (for long guns) permit the X400 Ultra to be activated without altering your grip on your weapon.
The versatile X400 Ultra can be attached to a pistol or a long gun since its Rail-Lock® system permits rapid attachment/detachment from either Universal or Picatinny rails. Its high-strength aerospace aluminum body is Mil-Spec hard anodized for superior toughness and corrosion resistance and is O-ring and gasket sealed to keep out dust and moisture.
FITS: Handguns and long guns with Picatinny or Universal rails. Adapter mounts available for several non-railed handgunsclick here to view them.
- Virtually indestructible 500-lumen LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- High-visibility 5 mW green laser sight
- TIR lens for close- to medium-range applications
- Quick-detach rail clamp with adapters for Picatinny and Universal rails
- Accepts optional pistol grip and long gun forend switches
- ConstructionHigh-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; impact-resistant polymer; coated tempered window
- WeatherproofO-ring and gasket sealed
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
This device emits laser radiation that can injure the eyes.
• Never look into the laser emitter, either directly or indirectly via reflection
• Never aim the laser beam at eyes, either directly or indirectly via reflection
• Never view the beam with optical instruments (telescopes, binoculars, etc.)
• Never open or modify the laser housing