Helmet light is a little over priced for what you get !
Reviewed by DON PETERSON (Posted on 12/24/13)
|Max Output -- White Light||19||.2||lumens|
This compact, multiple-output Helmet Light features three white LEDs, two red LEDs, and one blinking infrared LED that serves as a personal Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) beacon. The white primary LEDs are perfect for general-purpose, close-work illumination; the red secondary LEDs serve the same purpose in a low-signature, night-vision-friendly color.
Helmet Light features a durable, watertight polymer body in Desert Tan. Attaches to any Modular Integrated Communications Helmet (MICH) via an included ambidextrous mount with 20 preset positions that allow the light to be rotated 360 degrees when attached. Once either mount has been attached to the helmet, Helmet Light can be quickly and easily slid on and locked securely in place. Pressing a lever on the mount unlocks the light, allowing for quick removal for servicing or transfer onto its optional Z71 carry clip, which attaches to any MOLLE or ALICE vest.
- Made of durable glass-filled nylon polymer and neoprene
- O-ring sealed, watertight body
- Two toggle switches and a pressure switch for total control
- White and red LEDs and infrared IFF LED beacon
- Long runtime from a single 123A battery with 10-year shelf life
- Easily removable for servicing or transfer to other helmets
- Size: 2.2 W x 2.6 H x 1.3 thick including mount
- Weight: 3.1 oz. with battery and mount
White High: 19.2 lumens/6 hrs
Red High: 2.5 lumens/20 hrs
White Med: 5.0 lumens/28 hrs
Red Med: 0.8 lumens/48 hrs
White Low: 1.4 lumens/48hrs
Red Low: 0.3 lumens/96 hrs
Tertiary IFF beacon: 1.72 mW/120 hrs
- Desert Tan body color
- Battery included