- Love this Head Lamp!!!
I have used this headlight almost daily since I got it. It replaced a cheap big box store one that worked ok, but just didn't have the light output I was looking for. I already owned a Surefire X300a weapon light that I loved, so even though this light was more expensive than most, I knew it would be worth the price and I was not disappointed. This light gets the job done! The light output is amazing! It's also extremely comfortable with the supplied head pad. I can't see myself ever using another light after this one. Worth every penny! Thanks Surefire for a great product!
Reviewed by Sean (Posted on 10/17/13)
- Major Defect - Battery dies while it's off
Not sure exactly why, but both my sure fire lights, including this headland are having the same issue. I put a brand new battery, use for a few minutes, turn it off, and then try again in a few days to find out the battery is dead. Fully charged or new batteries - check. Triple check the light is off - check. Dead batteries with 0 usage over and over again - check.
Reviewed by Ray J Ruddy III (Posted on 10/14/13)
- Best head lamp!!
Purchased this during my last deployment to Afghanistan. Head lamp is the best I have ever had, worth every penny. I've had several different headlamps and none give out the light nor the usefulness of this one. I thought it would be heavy while in my head, but I forgot it was on my head after I turned it off. I was on a COP in Afghanistan and after using it the first week, half of my platoon went and ordered there's.
Reviewed by Deployed solider (Posted on 10/12/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||100||.0||lumens / 1.5 hours*|
|Low||1||.0||lumens / 50.0 hours|
The Minimus™ Tactical headlamp features a high-efficiency LED that provides brilliant white light, adjustable in output from zero to 100 lumens via the knurled no-slip right-hand control knob. It runs on a single 123A battery contained within the tilt-control knob, and features a battery access cap with a short leash to prevent dropping or loss. The proprietary refractive optic produces a wide beam optimized for your natural field of view, and included red, blue, and green filters give you the option of low-signature light that also preserves dark-adapted vision. Another valuable safety feature: a setting for a long-running SOS beacon. The fine-weave SF camo headband is strong yet comfortable, and features a moisture-wicking Breathe-O-Prene® forehead pad. Built from tough polymer and aerospace aluminum, hard-anodized in Desert Tan, the Minimus Tactical is lightweight, yet like its siblings the Minimus™ Vision, the Minimus™ AA, and the original Minimus™ it's tough enough for the rigors of combat, caving, and mountaineering, and is submersible to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Variable-light output dial controls levels from 0 to 100 lumens
- Proprietary refractive optic produces a smooth, wide beam optimized for your field of view
- Built-in SOS beacon can run for days on end
- Light assembly rotates up and down 90 degrees to direct light where needed
- Red, blue, and green filters (included) for low-light signature and preserving dark-adapted vision
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized Desert Tan for extreme durability
- Submersible to 3 feet for thirty minutes
- SureFire camouflage headband provides comfort, durability, and a secure fit with or without a helmet
- Compact integral compartment holds one 123A lithium battery
- Includes high-energy 123A battery with 10-year shelf life