- PRICY BUT GREAT ILLUMINATION
Comes with both 12v cigarette lighter adapter charging or 120/240 transformer 12v/1.67mA charger. long run time as advertised. At low output used it a week without charging. Across the water has reduced glare for sure compared to my LED Petz high output headlamp. Great lens for a wide but powerful field of illumination. Consistent across the field of illumination. A bit heavy but stays in place with overhead strap. Is my favorite headlamp if I am going to be some place to recharge it. Has no other battery option. compact on your forehead and is of little distraction when walking through brush. if you keep equipment for a while and use it regularly it is a great value. I keep one in my car now for out of car excursions in the dark.
Reviewed by TJF INDY (Posted on 12/18/14)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||450||.0||lumens / 1.0 hour**|
|Low||1||.0||lumen / N/A|
|Batteries||1||Li-ion rechargeable (included)|
lights) until output drops below 50 lumens.
The SureFire Maximus™ Vision rechargeable variable-output LED headlamp features a specially selected high-efficiency LED that delivers 450 lumens of warm-colored light similar to that produced by tungsten lamps that's easier on the eyes of some users and is excellent for penetrating dust and fog. If that's too much light, you can dial it down to 1 lumenor any level in betweenfor closer work, preserving your dark-adapted vision, or extending the runtime. A large knurled dial permits output control with one handeven if it's gloved or numbed by cold. One hand can also aim the light right where you want it since the light assembly rotates up and down 90 degrees. The SureFIre Maximus Vision utilizes a custom reflector to produce a wide, diffused beam optimized for your natural field of vision, but which also provides impressive reach at its maximum output setting. Power comes from an integral rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can provide years of use; chargers for both wall-type AC outlets and 12-volt DC vehicle accessory outlets are included. A fuel gauge on the headlamp gives battery charge status, and a long-running SOS beacon provides an extra margin of safety if needed. Built from tough, lightweight magnesium, the SureFire Maximus Vision thrives in harsh conditions. It's also comfortable to wear, thanks to its no-chafe fine-weave headband and moisture-wicking Breathe-O-Prene® forehead pad.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Warm-colored light is excellent for penetrating dust and fog
- One-hand output adjustment from 1 to 450 lumens
- Precision reflector produces a wide, smooth beam optimized for your field of vision
- Light assembly rotates up and down 90 degrees
- Built-in SOS beacon can run for days on end
- Tough, lightweight magnesium body with durable black finish
- Waterproof to one meter depth
- Built-in fuel gauge indicates battery charge level
- Comfortable no-chafe headband with moisture-wicking Breath-O-Prene® forehead pad
- Includes long-life lithium-ion rechargeable battery with wall (AC) and car (DC) chargers