- E2L AA Outdoorsman
This model fit my need for a dependable light using ordinary batteries. Because it is a Surefire, I know I can depend on it through all weathers and conditions. At first, I wondered it it was too large. Then my instincts kicked in and I realized that by touch alone, I would know exactly which light I had, which power setting kicked in first and I am now content. Nay, I am pleased with this little torch. It is now the final member of my Surefire EDCs. I learned long ago and far away, that extra any things is a GOOD thing. It was a lesson that shaped my life and has always stood me well. My life and the lives of those around me is worth the price tag. The high setting is quite effective and extends my area of control...the low setting quite handy and effective in seeing what is in front of me without blinding myself. Well done, Surefire and thanks from an old soldier. Randy
Reviewed by Randy Malorin, SFC, USA (Ret) (Posted on 11/19/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||115||.0||lumens / 8.5 hours*|
|Low||5||.0||lumens / 100.0 hours*|
|Batteries||2||AA lithium (incl.) or alkaline|
Free Shipping with Any T-Shirt Order. See Promo.
IMPROVED Now with 115 lumens max output
The E2L AA Outdoorsman now with 115 lumens of maximum output is a dual-output, extended-runtime flashlight powered by AA lithium or AA alkaline batteries that features a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens.
The E2L AA has a click-type pushbutton tailcap switch press for momentary on, press until it clicks for constant-on. The switch is also used to select the light output level: press or click for a 5-lumen ultra long-runtime low beam that's perfect for reading a map, performing tasks inside a tent, or navigating around a campsite without degrading your dark-adapted vision. Release and press again within two seconds, or click again within two seconds, for a powerful 115-lumen high beam to reach deep into the dark.
The E2L AA's longer body, compared to the shorter-bodied E1L and E2L Outdoorsman flashlights, is preferred by some for the enhanced grip it provides. Its high-strength steel clip keeps the light securely stowed in a pocket or pack and provides quick and easy hands-free illumination when clipped to a hat brim or bill. Machined from aerospace aluminum and finished with Mil-Spec anodizing for resistance to abrasion and corrosion, the E2L AA is also O-ring and gasket sealed, making it waterproof to a depth of one meter.
Because of its dual-output, extended runtimes, and the fact it can be powered by more readily available AA batteries, the E2L AA is a great choice for outdoor activities, emergency use, and as a disaster/survival kit flashlight.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels115-lumen high for maximum light, 5-lumen low for extended runtime
- Choice of power source: two AA lithium (included) or AA alkaline batteries
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Dual-output tailcap click switchpress for momentary-on low, click for constant-on low, return to off and then press or click again to select high
- Steel clip provides multiple carry options
- O-ring and gasket sealed, waterproof to one meter