- Small and powerful
This light is perfect for finding your way in the woods at night and in the morning. I tied ti to my lanyard and it's always ready for the 'spot check' for getting my bearings. I put my equipment through a lot of wear and tear and this light has held up well.
Reviewed by Duck Hunter (Posted on 12/4/14)
As a owner of 14 surefire products, i consider this model to be the perfect EveryDayCarry light. Its high output (300L) is enough to stop an aggressor without lethal force or can even substitute as a headlight in an emergency (both which happened to me) and the low output(5L) for low light reading, late night fridge raids and looking for those missing car keys in the crack of the sofa. The light is small enough to fit in your pocket without causing attention, yet powerful enough to get the job done. dont let the price tag deter you from owning one of the best illumination tools out there!
if you were stuck on a island and had to bring only one surefire this would be it. HOWEVER other surefires are for different purposes. doesnt hurt to have another...
Reviewed by EDC ready (Posted on 12/4/14)
- just right
better than I expected!
* small enough for basic usage
* good defensive capabilities
* good for cars
Reviewed by SureFire Client (Posted on 9/19/14)
- SureFire Strong.
Just like America this item is Bold & Beautiful! Great product. Made in USA! Just kidding. Light is Bright & Strong. Highly recommended!
Reviewed by Capt America (Posted on 7/25/14)
- Simply awsum
Theres not much to say , the E1D led is like my other SF lights , well made and just plain awesome. Besides, they're backed by excellent customer service; I know because I used it once when I broke my lens. The E1D has great throw with some spill to see the surroundings too. I've never had a bad SF light as of yet ............ I am sure they're only human too.
Reviewed by dj (Posted on 5/30/14)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||300||.0||lumens / 1.30 hours**|
|Low||5||.0||lumens / 47.0 hours*|
** Runtime (at highest setting for multiple-output
lights) until output drops below 50 lumens.
The E1D LED Defender® is an ultra-compact 300-lumen flashlight featuring dual-output capability and self-defense enhancements. Utilizing a virtually indestructible high-performance LED and a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens, the E1DL is activated with a pushbutton tailcap click switch that also permits the selection of output levels: press or click once for a high-intensity 300-lumen white-light beam—more than sufficient to overwhelm the dark-adapted vision of an aggressor. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for a 5-lumen long-runtime low beam that's suitable for navigating at night or performing close-up tasks for up to 47 hours.
The Defender's crenellated Strike Bezel® provides further defensive options should the need arise. Ultra compact and powerful, the E1DL is an ideal everyday-carry light. For a slightly longer and higher-output version of this personal defense flashlight, see the E2D LED Defender Ultra.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels—300 lumens on high for maximum light, 5 lumens on low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight, far-reaching beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Strike Bezel® provides personal defense option
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light output
- Dual-output tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on high, click for constant-on high, return to off then press or click again to select low
- Fits our V91 holster in the head-up position
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A battery with 10-year shelf life