|Caliber||5.56 mm (.223 caliber)|
The FA556MG sound suppressor, an end-mount design that does not overlap the firearm barrel, adds just 5.2 inches to the original length of your M249, Mk46, or Para versions of the Minimi SAW machine gun while providing superior sound suppression. Weighing only 21 ounces, the FA556MG features special alloys and construction, providing the extreme durability and resistance to gas and particle erosion necessary for a full-auto weapon.
All SureFire sound suppressors require an adapter for attachment to a firearm. Adapters for the FA556MG sound suppressor screw directly onto the original machine gun muzzle threads—see Parts and Accessories below.
Chosen by the US military, SWAT teams, and law enforcement agencies across the country, proven in the world's toughest combat conditions, only SureFire sound suppressors for rifles and machine guns combine every important suppressor feature: excellent sound, flash, and dust signature reduction—key components of SureFire's Total Signature Reduction™ (TSR); minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of attach/detach cycles; rock-solid attachment in seconds; compact size; minimal weight; fail-safe baffles to prevent bullet side-exit; and extreme durability permitting full-time use—in fact, your SureFire suppressor should outlast your firearm barrel.
All SureFire Fast-Attach® sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they protect shooter and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss, enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce sound signature, concealing shooter's position; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash and dust signatures, concealing shooter's position, preserving night vision and unobstructed view; reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing faster follow-up shots.
- High-performance sound attenuation
- Rock-solid attachment in seconds without tools
- Minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of number of attach/detach cycles
- Redundant-welded subcomponents eliminate parts loosening
- Compact size and light weight, allowing full-time use
- End-mount design does not overlap firearm barrel
- Machined from heat-treated stainless steel, finished in a tough, corrosion-resistant coating
- Extreme resistance to heat and gas/particle erosion due to special alloy construction
- No permanent modifications needed for most weapons
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.