I use these on the range and at home. From shooting Cannons to crying babies it blocks all those annoying sounds I don't want to hear. I recommend these ear plugs for all you guys and gals out there that like to shoot and effectively block out anything else annoying, like your boss at work. I'm wearing them right now and pretty sure someone is trying to call my phone. But since I can't hear it i don't have to answer it. Buy. These. Now
Reviewed by Julian Cofer (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Excellent addition to the 3M OraTac headset
I use these to replace the foam plugs. Same hearing protection, and it helps secure the OraTac earpieces in place.
Reviewed by Ian (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Good Option
I got a couple pair of these because the regular foam ear plugs one gets to try and stuff into the ear canal don't seem to stay put. With the loop that fits into the outer ear, the unit stays and the noise reduction is plenty good when shooting at the range. I just leave the filter caps in all the time.
Reviewed by Mark Williams (Posted on 10/11/13)
- Range Use Questionable
While these earplugs fit well and are comfortable I found them to be much better suited for outdoor use. I work at an indoor range as an RSO, while I must admit I do have Tinnitus which may or may not be relevant, the sound deadening of these plugs is no where near that of my Peltor Electronic Head Phones. It is almost like not wearing any ear pro at all. Was really hoping that they would be alot better.
Reviewed by Mike T (Posted on 10/11/13)
- EP7 Sonic Defenders® Ultra
I ordered these earplugs for my whole family. They work great, and now I have a whole bunch of other brands relegated to the box. They also are the fastest product I have ever received in the mail. Thanks, SureFire!
Reviewed by Chris (Posted on 9/6/13)
|Noise Reduction Rating||28dB (with filter caps inserted)|
|Color||Black, Clear, Orange|
|Size||S, M, L|
|Stem||Comply Canal™ Tips|
|Radio Comm Compatible||Yes|
|Features||Incl. extra pr. Comply™ Canal Tips|
For detailed specifications, click here.
EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their foam-tipped stem design, featuring soft memory-foam Comply™ Canal Tips, fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 28dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates a special noise-reducing filter. EP7s include attached filter caps, which can be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, like that heard on a plane, in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders Ultra are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that provides all-day comfort and an extended product life (up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft foam-tipped stems provide secure seals in the ear canals. And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Available in clear, black, or orange.
Comfortable EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra also serve as earpieces for compatible radio communication systems* simply by removing the noise-reducing filter and attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP7 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed.
EP7s are available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Size "medium" fits most people; however, to ensure the best possible fit, review the earpiece sizing chart by clicking on the Sizing Chart image. EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra are sold as a single left/right set or in a box containing 25 sets. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard and an extra set of memory foam Comply™ Canal Tips; replacements available--see Parts and Accessories on this page.
* RADIO COMM SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Thales: Covert Security Harness; Harris: Security Force Communication Set; Motorola: Surveillance Kits; Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products; Peltor: Lightweight Systems-Hearplug; Silynx: C4Ops Headset
- 28dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Soft memory-foam Canal™ Comply Tips provide secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, comfortable, and durable
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- Available in clear, black, or orange
- 26" polymer lanyard included
- Additional pair of Comply™ Canal tips included