- EP2 Earpiece
The extension takes getting used to, but it does improve the ability to hear your radio in high noise environments.
Reviewed by Marcos K Guerrero (Posted on 1/3/14)
- Takes a little to get used to, but works great
I purchased these as a replacement to the earpiece that came with my listen only earpiece. I was already used to wearing an earpiece but tired of having the original earpiece tear. It took a little to get used to with the edges sometimes digging into the inside of the ear. However I recommend this to any officer that has a earpiece. It stays in your ear and doesn't block ambient sound. Very handy for being able to hear the radio when on the freeway or when the helicopter is overhead.
Reviewed by B Garlock (Posted on 10/18/13)
- EP2 Earpiece
These earpieces are fantastic! Fit well to your ear and you can really hardly tell they are there. They don't pull out and remain in place well. For a tactical earpiece, these are great and complete necessity.
Great Job, Surefire!
Reviewed by G.W. Gill/Sergeant Lane County Sheriff's Office (Posted on 10/17/13)
- EP2 Earpieces
I'm sure everybody's ear is shaped differently but I thought this was a horrible fit. I used these for about 6 months and was continuously trimming them and finally just threw them in the trash. The 1st Gen Surefire Earpiece (EP1) is 100 times better than the EP2.
Reviewed by Bryce Agnew (Posted on 10/16/13)
CommEar® Boost earpieces channel radio communications directly into your earclearly and covertlythrough an adjustable acoustic sound tube. Made in the U.S.A. from soft hypoallergenic polymer, their ergonomic design makes them comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Their Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock the earpieces in place and fit the same way every time. And because they fit snugly inside your outer ear and feature a low-profile design, you can use them while wearing a helmet, mask, or hat, or while using a phone or headset.
The EP2 differs from the EP1 in that its adjustable stem extends further into the ear canal, offering a boost effect to received audio transmissions. And its single flange helps hold the stem in place without closing off the ear canal. This unique design permits a wearer to still hear outside sounds and communications, while the adjustable stem allows for crystal-clear hearing of incoming radio communications with lower radio volumes, which can help prevent hearing loss over the long term.
For best fit, click on the small Sizing Chart image at left.
Sold in packages of two left ear or two right ear units, or a box of 25 left or 25 right earpieces. Each individual earpiece is packaged in a convenient carry case.
- Permit discrete and covert monitoring of radio communications
- Open design does not block ear canal, permits virtually normal hearing of ambient sounds and conversation
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Made from soft hypo-allergenic medical-grade polymer
- Sound stem extends slightly farther into ear canal compared to other open earpieces, producing a "boost" effect by delivering sound more efficiently
- Enables clear hearing with lower radio volume setting reducing possibility of gradual hearing loss
- Adjustable sound stem depth allows fine-tuning for increased comfort
- Flange centers tube in ear canal for efficient sound transmission and improved earpiece retention
- Available in clear and black (BK)