- Another good product
This is my second handheld pocket light from surefire the first was the 200 lumen predecessor to this one. I still have it and carried it with me in the USMC for about 3 years. It is a great light and keep it in the car as a backup. The new 500 lumen version did what I wanted and what I wanted was a brighter light that was the same size. I carry it at work every day of the week and use it constantly through out the day. The only problem I have had with this light is the pocket clip. I like the clip a lot better than the other one I have because you can flip it either way in your pocket, but it is thin metal. I have broke two since August it is now October. When it snaps I call surefire up and have a new one to me in a few days so I'll keep breaking them and they can keep sending them. Keep making a good product and I'll keep using them.
Reviewed by JB (Posted on 10/12/13)
- E2D LED Defender Ultra
It's incredible to get this much light out of a palm sized flashlight. Everyone I show this to is amazed. I also own an LX2 which is also bright, but not as bright. One think I prefer about the LX2 is that low beam comes on first followed by high beam. Whereas the E2D comes on with high beam first then low beam. But, I still love the E2D. Good job on this design.
Reviewed by John Somerville (Posted on 10/12/13)
- Terrific Light
Another hit for Surefire! The light is sturdy and a true blinder (we use it to locate our black dog at night in the forest) that would be a lifesaver to dazzle any opponent at night or in a dark area. The only thing that this great flashlight/weapon could use is a sturdy lanyard that would increase its versatility as a weapon with the Kinetic Energy it would gain from such quick angular momentum.
Reviewed by Jon Aronson (Posted on 8/26/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||500||.0||lumens / 2.25 hours*|
|Low||5||.0||lumens / 67.75|
lights) until output drops below 50 lumens.
The E2D LED Defender® Ultra is a compact 500-lumen flashlight featuring dual-output capability and self-defense enhancements. Utilizing a virtually indestructible high-performance LED and a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens, the E2DL Ultra is activated with a pushbutton tailcap click switch that also selects output levels: press or click once for a high-intensity 500-lumen white-light beam—ten times the light needed to overwhelm the night-adapted vision of an aggressor. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for a 5-lumen ultra-long runtime low beam that's suitable for navigating at night or performing close-up tasks for hours. The Defender's crenellated Strike Bezel® provides further defensive options should the need arise. Slender and powerful, the E2DL Ultra is an ideal everyday-carry light.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels500 lumens high for maximum light, 5 lumens low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Strike Bezel® provides personal defense option
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- Dual-output tailcap click switchpress for momentary-on high, click for constant-on high, return to off then press or click again to select low
- Fits our V91 holster in the head-up position.
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life