- Old Model
The old model E1L Outdoorsman with 3/45 lumen I found perfect for bench work. The size and weight are easy to handle. The newer model with five/90 lumen is too bright. Glad I bought the older model when it was new.
Reviewed by 4x4 (Posted on 10/25/14)
- Great light!
Fantastic light!! I purchased an E1L as a replacement EDC flashlight (was carrying a modded E1E). As is, it is a great light!! Compact enough for EDC, bright enough for 98% of situations. Better carry clip then the E1E (which needs to be brought back).
I modded my E1L with a tailcap and KL4 head as well as a Surefire head cover (scope cap) finished with a short lanyard.
Reviewed by HJ (Posted on 7/25/14)
- Durable, Small and Practical
I bought my E1L in 2008. I use it nearly every day - on the job and off. Its practical, small and durable. I find the dual output to be very useful. I have employed mine while clearing a building with a handgun as well as for more mundane tasks such as roadside repairs of my motorcycle or lighting up wildlife while backpacking. I carry it sailing as well as its bright enough to get a most powerboaters attention when they are on a collision course. The price however has doubled since I bought mine. I cant imagine why. I would buy another one but at the current price...its not worth it.
Reviewed by M. Renz (Posted on 11/10/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||90||.0||lumens / 6.0 hours*|
|Low||5||.0||lumens / 41.0 hours*|
IMPROVED Now with 90 lumens max output
The E1L Outdoorsman now with 90 lumens of maximum output is an ultra-compact, dual-output, extended-runtime flashlight featuring a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens.
The E1L has a click-type pushbutton tailcap switch press for momentary on, press until it clicks for constant-on. The switch is also used to select the light output level: press or click for a 5-lumen ultra long-runtime low beam that's perfect for reading a map, performing tasks inside a tent, or navigating around a campsite without degrading your dark-adapted vision. Release and press again within two seconds, or click again within two seconds, for a powerful 90-lumen high beam to reach deep into the dark.
The E1L's small size and high-strength steel clip allow it to be securely stowed in a pocket or pack and provide quick and easy hands-free illumination by clipping the light to a hat brim or bill. Machined from aerospace aluminum and finished with Mil-Spec hard anodizing for resistance to abrasion and corrosion, the E1L is O-ring and gasket sealed, making it waterproof to a depth of one meter.
For a slightly longer version of this flashlight with higher maximum output and longer runtimes, see our two-battery E2L Outdoorsman.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels 90-lumen high for maximum light, 5-lumen low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- Dual-output tailcap click switchpress for momentary-on high, click for constant-on high, return to off and then press or click again to select low
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Steel clip provides multiple carry options
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A battery with 10-year shelf life