Recently purchased the E2L Outdoorsman. Feels "sturdy" in hand, low and high power levels are OK, beam color and throw is exceptable. Its designed to be an outdoors type light with good runtime not extreme brightness. Puts out plenty of light for outdoors type tasks. I am happy with my purchase.
Reviewed by Lance (Posted on 1/22/15)
I love this light. First purchase from Surefire. I like the cut off feature on the back of the light. I ordered the defender version of this light for my wife. Very happy with the product.
Reviewed by Will (Posted on 1/3/15)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||125||lumens / 7.25 hours*|
|Low||5||lumens / 67 .0 hours*|
The E2L Outdoorsman now with 125 lumens of maximum output is a compact, dual-output, extended-runtime flashlight featuring a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens.
The E2L has a click-type pushbutton tailcap switch press for momentary on, press until it clicks for constant-on. The switch is also used to select the light output level: press or click for a 5-lumen ultra long-runtime low beam that's perfect for reading a map, performing tasks inside a tent, or navigating around a campsite without degrading your dark-adapted vision. Release and press again within two seconds, or click again within two seconds, for a powerful 125-lumen high beam to reach deep into the dark.
The E2L's high-strength steel clip keeps the light securely stowed in a pocket or pack and provides quick and easy hands-free illumination when clipped to a hat brim or bill. Machined from aerospace aluminum and finished with Mil-Spec hard anodizing for resistance to abrasion and corrosion, the E2L is O-ring and gasket sealed, making it waterproof to a depth of one meter.
Due to its dual-output feature, extended runtimes, and the 10-year shelf life of 123A batteries, the E2L is not only the perfect choice for outdoor activities, it’s also an excellent choice for emergency/EMT personnel and as a disaster/survival kit light.
For a smaller version of this flashlight, see our one-battery E1L Outdoorsman.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels 125-lumen high for maximum light, 5-lumen low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- Dual-output tailcap click switchpress for momentary-on high, click for constant-on high, return to off and then press or click again to select low
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Steel clip provides multiple carry options
- O-ring and gasket sealed, waterproof to 1 meter
- Includes one high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life