- Great light
I received an A2 LED as a gift from my first Instrument Airplane student. I've used it on every nightflight since then. This is a great addition to my flight bag. I never leave the ground with out it . Fortunately, I've never had a critical incident where the light has saved me I'd like to think that this light has preemptively saved me from any accident. Thanks COD.
Reviewed by Dave Novotny (Posted on 12/15/13)
|Output / Runtime -- White Light|
|High||120||.0||lumens / 2.0 hours*|
|Low||10||.0||lumens / 15.0 hours (red only)|
The A2 LED Aviator is a compact dual-output flashlight that provides two distinct beam types. It uses virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitters and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce a spot beam in white and a flood beam in red. The Aviator's tactically-correct two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch lets you instantly select an output level: press for a momentary-on 10-lumen long-runtime red flood beam for general night use, close work, or where you need to preserve your night vision; press further for a momentary-on 120-lumen white spot beamsix times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight; twist for constant-on low beam, twist further for constant-on high beam.
- Primary LED generates brilliant white spot beam, secondary LEDs produce red color flood beam
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Two-stage tactical tailcap switchpress for momentary-on low, press further for high, twist for constant-on at either level
- Steel clip provides multiple carry options
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life