|Sr. Network / Systems Administrator|
|Location:||Fountain Valley, CA|
SureFire, LLC is a leading manufacturer of illumination tools and tactical accessories for those who would go in harms way, and for those who demand the ultimate in performance, technology, quality and innovation.
The Sr. Network & Systems Administrator will be a part of the IT Support team who will be responsible for contributing toward the systems and database server management and the design, architecture and comprehensive support of WAN, LAN, Active Directory, DNS, Network Security, Telecommunications, Wireless, and Network Management tools. This includes planning, specification, implementation, administration and maintenance of equipment services for all the above responsibilities in the SureFire infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in designing, architecting and managing Cisco-based Routers, Switches, Security Solutions, Wireless Solutions and Network Management Solutions across WAN/LAN.
- Provide recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability and performance, reduce cost, and anticipate Company growth.
- Deploy, configure and maintain a proactive Network Monitoring System leveraging available tools in order to maintain and track Network important metrics.
- Perform ongoing Network fine tuning, upgrades and enhancements to optimize Network performance, availability, stability and security.
- Support Cisco Routers for LAN/WAN connectivity, which includes connections to the internet, remote offices, and remote users.
- Monitor and troubleshoots LAN and WAN connections, monitors bandwidth use, analyzes traffic patterns and volumes for use in ongoing systems design and improvement.
- Responsible for all network protocols and services (HTTP, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- Configure, test, install, and maintain firewall, routers, switches and other networking technology.
- Perform problem determination on servers, computers, and computer related software and hardware, peripherals, networks, and communication devices and identify alternative cost-effective solutions to correct any problems.
- Monitor and resolve performance issues related to networks, client configuration, server hardware, and systems and applications software, ensuring the stability and reliability of the LAN/WAN network infrastructure. Optimize the performance of database systems through load balancing techniques and data storage area re-structuring.
- Monitor internet/intranet/extranet usage, traffic, and security to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of company information. Effectively and efficiently address any outstanding issues
- Apply solid problem-solving techniques consistent with an advanced knowledge of technical and operational issues involving Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007, Windows Server 2008, SQL Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft RDS and NetApp SAN.
- Configure, test, install and maintain servers.
- Assist in the acquisition and installation of hardware and systems.
- Provide regularly scheduled maintenance on all IT servers and networking equipment.
- Maintain an effective backup strategy for all data ensuring data recovery capability.
- Use good business judgment in determining work priorities in a multi-tasking environment with changing priorities.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Report any incidents of harassment to your Supervisor, Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to your Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervision or management.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and certifications for CCNP, CISSP, MCSE (required), MCDBA, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Microsoft O/S installation and support and providing LAN/WAN network services.
- A minimum of 8 years of Networking and Systems Administration experience.
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot network issues and employ network monitoring tools, application and perimeter scans and sniffing technology to analyze and present assessments.
- Ability to resolve data storage and database performance issues.
- Ability to execute test plans and procedures to ensure the proper functioning of hardware and software prior to implementation cutover.
With SureFire, you will be on the road to exciting professional challenges and opportunities. You will find that we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding environment. We also offer a full benefits package which includes: three weeks of paid time off per year, a 401(k) plan, medical and dental coverage, life, accident and short and long-term disability insurances, and a generous employee discount on our products.
Apply online: Send an email
Please include your resume with salary history. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be contacted to further the application process. No phone calls, outside agencies, or recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We actively recruit qualified targeted veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please note: Only those applications submitted by our online process will be considered