Fit and Finish Product Design Product Performance Durability Reliability SF Customer Service Overall Value
Purchased Amber Aviator. Very pleased with design, fit and finish, size, quality of every part, and fast and secure shipping by SureFIre.
The size of a single 123A cell with the pure white beam output of a 2 cell light. Amber color tint is accurate. Runtime is Superb. The innovation of these new 2017 model Surefire flashligts really shine through. The TIR focused beam is smooth and artifact-free. The selection of LED is perfect.
This new Aviator® model is innovative and of the highest SureFIre® quality. I would not hesitate to trust my life with this light!
Reviewed by Edward (Posted on 3/22/17)
|Bezel Diameter||1.06 inches (2.7 cm)|
|Length||4.18 inches (10.6 cm)|
|Weight w/Batteries||3.1 oz (88 g)|
|Batteries||1 123A (included)|
|Output High White||250 Lumens|
|Runtime High White||1.5 Hours*|
|Output Low White||1.5 Lumens|
|Runtime Low White||20.5 Hours*|
|Amber High||20 lumens / 2.75 hours*|
|Amber Low||5 lumens / 29 hours*|
|Specification Notes||*Runtime until output drops below 50 lumens
All performance claims tested to ANSI/NEMA FL1-2009 Standard
The ultra-compact, dual-output Aviator takes a classic SureFire design and reinvents it to provide a primary white LED and a secondary colored LED in one sealed head—both focused by a proprietary Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens into a useful beam with ample reach and surround light. Just push and then twist Aviator’s knurled self-locking selector ring to set it to white or colored light, no filter required. There’s even a system-disable setting to keep the light from accidentally activating. Aviator’s powerful white LED generates 250 lumens of smooth, intense light on high and a user-friendly 5 lumens of light on its low setting. Choose one of four useful colors for the secondary LEDs to help preserve dark-adapted vision, reduce eye fatigue, and help get the job done the following ways:
The lightweight but rugged Aviator features a Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body, gaskets, and O-ring seals to protect against the elements and keep out moisture, dust, and debris. Ergonomic pushbutton tailcap switching delivers both momentary- and constant-on output, while a sturdy stainless steel pocket clip keeps this indispensible little flashlight securely stowed in your pocket, pack, or—as its aeronautical name suggests—flight bag.
- Virtually indestructible white-light and colored LEDs regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels—high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- TIR lens shapes white or colored light into focused beam with ample reach and surround light for close- to medium-range applications
- On-the-fly bezel switching between white light, colored light, and disable mode; no filter required
- Constructed of high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; stainless steel pocket clip; coated, tempered window
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Powered by a single energy-dense 123A battery with 10-yearshelf life
- Backed by SureFire’s No Hassle Guarantee